Friday, October 29, 2010

IMPULSE

An old man is sitting at his usual bench in the park.  A lady running the trail stops to take a seat next to him.

WENDALL: Hello there.
BREANNE:  Hey. Hows it going?
WENDALL: I'm good, how bout yourself?
BREANNE: I'm doing alright. just out here on my normal morning run.
WENDALL: Yes I can see that. I see you every morning out here while I sit on my bench here.
BREANNE: Oh really?? I think I've seen you too.
WENDALL: Yeah you probably have.
BREANNE: Are you here every morning? 

WENDALL: Indeed. I walk over here in the morning from my house on Wilber street. I sit here and think about my days with my wife playing in this park at such a young age.
BREANNE: Your wife has left you? 
WENDALL: She passed away just 2 years ago and I don't think that I have missed a morning yet to come out here and ease my heart of her lose.
BREANNE: I'm so sorry. I couldn't even imagine losing my husband.
(pause)

WENDALL: It was really hard at first but after finding a way to ease myself it has gotten better.... Well I should let you get back to your run.
BREANNE: Yeah I guess so... Nice meeting you.
WENDALL: Nice meeting you too......
BREANNE: Breanne. My name is Breanne.
WENDALL: Mine is Wendall. Hope to talk to you again sometime.
BREANNE: Yeah i will definitely see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment