Sunday, November 7, 2010

IMPULSE II

Jett is a 4 year old kid getting ready for bed.

Jett- Mom can you read me a book before I go to sleep?
Mom- No it's to late Jett.
Jett- Ok well can you tell dad to come in and say goodnight?
Mom- Ya sure. Goodnight Jett I love you.
Jett- Love you too!
(mom leaves bedroom)
(dad enters soon after)
Dad- Hey Jett you ready for bed?
Jett- Ya... But could you read me a book first?
Dad- Sure which one would you like?
Jett- That one. (with smile)
(dad reads to Jett)
Dad- Ok goodnight Jett. Love you.
Jett- Thanks dad I love you. See you in the morning.
(dad leaves the room)
Mom- What took you so long?
Dad- I had to read to Jett.
(mom laughs and smiles)

1 comment:

  1. The Beat

    Action: Jett wants to read a book before bedtime.

    Conflict: Mom wants him to go to bed, and wont read to him.

    Event: He gets the dad to read him a story.

    I think that I could go into deeper detail on some of the spots. Just make the dialogue longer and more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete